The Fordax Business School is a private graduate business school based in Abuja. The school offers accelerated business programs known for its simultaneous blend of online and on-site learning experiences. This means that our students take most of the classes by watching bite-sized (short) video lessons online and then come for on-site experiences at the end of every term (the program covers 4 terms in a 6 month period. Classes run weekly).
The Fordax Business School’s MBA-CP courses will be taught by industry experts with decades of field experience. The program offers a concise, yet thorough overview of the most essential business concepts, ideas and strategies. The courses are designed to provide a solid foundation in general business practice, regardless of the candidates’ current level of education or experience in the field.
The Fordax Business School program focuses on teaching what matters most and emphasizes practical application in building and running a successful business anywhere in the world. At the Fordax Business School, we encourage students to apply what they learn in class to real-world business scenarios so they can maximize their understanding and results.
Who’s this program for?
The Fordax Business School’s MBA-CP program is ideal for ambitious entrepreneurs, career professionals, business executives, industry leaders and freelancers seeking to master the fundamental principles of successful business practices and earn an MBA certification in 126 months.
Our course encourages students to approach business with a fresh perspective and to critically evaluate concepts and ideas in light of real-world business realities. We prioritize critical thinking and analysis, allowing students to improve and refine their understanding of business principles.
PLEASE NOTE that MBA-Certificate Program is a certificate program. It is NOT the type of degree MBA programs offered by Universities which often have stronger academic and employment credence in government institutions.
Take this survey to share your opinion with us.
Please review this curriculum and share your opinion with us.
INTRODUCTION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- What Is Entrepreneurship? Who’s An Entrepreneur? Why Do Some Fail? Why Do Some Succeed?
IDEATION AND VALIDATION
- Generating Business Ideas
- Conducting Market Research
- Validating Business Ideas Through Customer Discovery
- Using Design Thinking And Lean Startup Methodologies To Refine Business Ideas
- Product Development Process And The Product Life Cycle
- Prototyping And Creating Minimum Viable Products (Mvps)
- Conducting User Testing And Gathering Feedback
BUSINESS MODEL DEVELOPMENT
- Understanding Business Models (9 Building Blocks)
- Designing A Value Proposition – Using The Value Proposition Canvas
- Developing Revenue Models
- Pricing Strategies And Cost Structure Analysis
- Overview Of A Business Plan – What It Is, Elements, How To Write It Etc.
- Projecting Financials
- Developing A Marketing Plan
- Conducting A Swot Analysis And Risk Assessment
BUSINESS AND LEGAL
- Business Legal Structures
- Protecting Your Startup (Ideas)
- Statutory Obligations
BUILT FOR GROWTH AND SCALE
- Scaling A Startup: Challenges And Opportunities
- Growth Strategies For Startups
- Market Expansion: Exploring New Markets
- Mergers And Acquisitions: The Dos And Don’ts
- Exit Strategies: How To Plan For A Successful Exit
Case Studies: Airbnb, Uber, Dropbox, Etc.
- Leadership Vs. Management: Understanding The Difference
- Developing Your Leadership Skills: Emotional Intelligence, Self-Awareness, And Authenticity
- The Art Of Influence: Introvert’s Guide To Influence And Leadership
- Building Social Capital Through Networking
- Military Strategies For Business Success: Sun Tzu’s The Art Of War And Its Relevance In Business
- Designing A Competitive Advantage Strategy: Porter’s 5 Forces And Value Chain Re-Engineering
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Ethics, Sustainability And Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Planning And Execution: Swot Analysis And Balanced Scorecard
BUSINESS ETHICS AND GOVERNANCE
- Corporate Governance And Ethics In Business: Ethical Decision-Making Frameworks And Codes Of Conduct
- Legal And Regulatory Compliance: Sarbanes-Oxley Act And Dodd-Frank Act
- Anti-Corruption Measures And The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (Fcpa)
- Data Privacy And Information Security
- Legal And Regulatory Compliance: Companies And Allied Matters Act (Cama) And The Nigerian Code Of Corporate Governance
- Anti-Corruption Measures And The African Union Convention On Preventing And Combating Corruption
- Data Privacy And Information Security: The Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (Ndpr) And The Cybercrime (Prohibition, Prevention, Etc.) Act
- NEGOTIATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Effective Negotiation: How To Win At The Table
- Cross-Cultural Communication And Diversity Awareness
- Case Studies On Successful Business Leaders Such As Apple’s Tim Cook, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, And Google’s Sundar Pichai
- Analyzing Business Failures Such As Enron And Theranos
- Examining The Strategies And Challenges Of International Companies Such As Alibaba And Samsung
- Case Studies On Innovation And Disruption In Industries Such As Uber And Airbnb
PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Capacity Planning
- Quality Management
- Process Improvement
- Resource Management
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT & LOGISTICS
- Demand Forecasting
- Inventory Management
- Transportation Management
- Supplier Management
- Project Planning and Execution
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Agile Project Management
- Scrum Methodology
- Kanban Methodology
- Lean Project Management
- Agile Tools and Techniques
RISK MANAGEMENT AND DISASTER RECOVERY
- Risk Identification and Assessment
- Risk Mitigation and Response
- Risk Monitoring and Control
- Enterprise Risk Management
CUSTOMER SERVICE DESIGN AND INNOVATION
- Customer Service Design and Innovation
- Customer Experience Design
- Service Quality Management
- Service Innovation
- Service Recovery
- CRM Strategy and Planning
- Customer Segmentation and Targeting
- Customer Acquisition and Retention
- Metrics and Analytics for CRM
INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
- Process Modeling and Design
- Process Automation and Improvement
- Process Monitoring and Control
- BPM Technologies and Tools
- Information Systems Management
- IT Governance and Strategy
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT Infrastructure Management
- IT Project Management
LEAN SIX SIGMA METHODOLOGY
- Lean Principles and Tools
- Six Sigma Principles and Tools
- DMAIC Methodology
- Lean Six Sigma Implementation
- Business Efficiency and Structure
- Organizational Design and Structure
- Performance Management
- Change Management
- Business Process Reengineering
Case Studies: Toyota Production System, Zara, Fedex, Etc.
HOW TO READ AND UNDERSTAND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- Introduction to Financial Statements – topic would cover the different types of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement) and their purpose.
- Understanding the Balance Sheet – this topic would cover the components of the balance sheet and how to interpret them, including assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Understanding the Income Statement – this topic would cover the components of the income statement and how to interpret them, including revenue, expenses, and net income.
- Understanding the Cash Flow Statement – this topic would cover the components of the cash flow statement and how to interpret them, including operating cash flow, investing cash flow, and financing cash flow.
- Financial Ratio Analysis – this topic would cover the use of financial ratios to analyze financial statements, including liquidity ratios, profitability ratios, and solvency ratios.
- Analyzing Revenue Recognition – this topic would cover how companies recognize revenue in their financial statements and the impact this can have on the financial statements.
- Evaluating Asset Management – this topic would cover how companies manage their assets, including inventory management, accounts receivable management, and fixed asset management.
- Evaluating Liability Management – this topic would cover how companies manage their liabilities, including accounts payable management, debt management, and contingent liabilities.
- Financial Statement Forensics – this topic would cover how to identify and investigate financial statement irregularities and potential financial statement fraud.
- FINANCIAL CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS
- Time Value Of Money
- Capital Budgeting And Investment Decisions
- Risk And Return
- Working Capital Management
STARTUP FUNDING & FINANCING
- Don’t Start With Loans
- 8 Innovative Ways To Raise Money For A Startup
STARTUP VALUATION AND EQUITY MANAGEMENT:
- How To Value A Startup
- Equity Financing: what it is, types, advantages & disadvantages
- How to Issue Equity
- Introduction to Mergers And Acquisition
- Deal structuring
- Financing Mergers And Acquisitions
FINANCIAL MARKETS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Introduction to Financial Markets: This topic would provide an overview of financial markets, their functions, and types of financial instruments.
- Financial Regulations: This topic would cover regulatory frameworks, their importance in financial markets, and their impact on financial instruments and financial market activities.
- Investment Management: This topic would cover the various investment products, investment strategies, risk and return, portfolio management, and analysis of financial instruments.
- Financial Technology (FinTech): This topic would cover the latest financial technology trends and their implications for financial markets and the financial instruments.
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies: This topic would cover the technology underlying cryptocurrencies and their potential impact on financial markets and financial instruments.
- Risk Management: This topic would cover different types of risks associated with financial instruments and how to manage them.
- Derivatives: This topic would cover the basics of derivatives, including types, pricing, valuation, and their use in managing risks and investing.
- Fixed Income Securities: This topic would cover the basics of fixed-income securities, including bonds, government securities, and corporate bonds.
- Equity Securities: This topic would cover the basics of equity securities, including stocks, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, and their pricing and valuation.
- Trading Strategies: This topic would cover different trading strategies employed by traders in financial markets, including fundamental analysis, technical analysis, and quantitative analysis.
- Budgeting & Saving
- Investing And Investment Vehicles
- Retirement Planning
- Delayed Gratification
- Good Debt Vs Bad Debt
- How To Get Out Of Debt
- Credit Risk Analysis
- Debt Collection Strategies
- How To Use Debt To Build Wealth
- Debt Negotiation
- Case Studies: Berkshire Hathaway, Tesla, Coca-Cola, Etc.
- Practice Class: Learn Financial Accounting Software.
BUSINESS COMMUNICATION FUNDAMENTALS
- Introduction to Business Communication
- Communication Strategies for Business
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Ethics and Cultural Awareness in Business Communication
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Business Writing Essentials
- Writing for Different Audiences and Purposes
- Writing Clear and Concise Emails and Memos
- Writing Professional Reports
- Writing Business Proposals
ORAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- How To Overcome The Fear Of Public Speaking and Business Presentation
- Delivering Effective Business Presentations
- Using Visual Aids and Technology in Presentations
- Handling Questions and Difficult Audiences
ADVANCED NEGOTIATION AND LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATION
- Negotiation Strategies for Business
- The Psychology of Negotiation
- Leadership Communication in Challenging Times
- Building Trust and Influence in Business
CRISIS COMMUNICATION AND REPUTATION MANAGEMENT
- Crisis Communication Planning and Preparedness
- Crisis Communication Strategies and Tactics
- Reputation Management Principles and Strategies
- Case Studies: Lessons from successful crisis communication and reputation management efforts
- Case studies: TED Talks, Steve Jobs’ iPhone launch, Warren Buffett’s annual letters, etc.
- Talent Acquisition Strategies: Finding and Attracting the Right Candidates
- Interviewing Techniques: Asking the Right Questions to Assess Fit and Potential
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: Creating an Equitable and Inclusive Culture
- Employer Branding: Building a Positive Reputation to Attract Top Talent
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND APPRAISAL
- Setting Performance Expectations and Goals: Aligning Employee Objectives with Organizational Goals
- Providing Ongoing Feedback and Coaching: Improving Performance and Addressing Performance Issues
- Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals: Evaluating Performance and Providing Development Opportunities
- Addressing Poor Performance and Conduct: Managing Performance Issues and Conducting Disciplinary Actions
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Designing Compensation Packages: Determining Salary, Bonus, and Incentive Structures
- Understanding Benefits Programs: Health Insurance, Retirement Plans, and Other Perks
- Managing Employee Leaves: Vacation, Sick, Family, and Medical Leaves
- Complying with Wage and Hour Laws: Understanding Overtime, Minimum Wage, and Exemptions
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Assessing Training Needs: Identifying Skills Gaps and Performance Needs
- Designing Effective Training Programs: Determining Learning Objectives and Training Methods
- Delivering Engaging Training Sessions: Techniques for Captivating and Inspiring Learners
- Evaluating Training Effectiveness: Measuring Learning Outcomes and Return on Investment
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AND WELLNESS
- Creating a Positive Work Environment: Improving Morale and Encouraging Collaboration
- Promoting Work-Life Balance: Flexible Work Arrangements and Time-Off Policies
- Ensuring Workplace Safety: Preventing Accidents and Responding to Emergencies
- Promoting Wellness Programs: Supporting Employee Health and Wellness Initiatives
Case Studies: Google’s HR Policies, Netflix’s Culture Deck, Zappos’ Holacracy, etc. can be incorporated into each module as examples of best practices or as a separate module on HR innovations and trends.
MARKET RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Introduction to Market Research; Types of Market Research
- Conducting Primary Research
- Conducting Secondary Research
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND CONSUMER NEEDS ANALYSIS
- Identifying Consumer Needs
- Creating New Products
- Evaluating Product Performance
- Product Portfolio Management
KEY MARKETING METRICS AND STRATEGIES I
- Lead Generation Strategies
- Understanding the Marketing Funnel
- Conversion Optimization Techniques
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
KEY MARKETING METRICS AND STRATEGIES II
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Email Marketing Strategies
- Influencer Marketing Techniques
- Churn Rate and Customer Retention Rate (CRR)
DIGITAL MARKETING VS TRADITIONAL ADVERTISING
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Online Advertising Techniques
- Traditional Advertising Techniques
- Integrated Marketing Communications
HOW TO SELL ONLINE
- E-commerce Fundamentals
- Online Marketplaces
- Social Media Selling
- Building an Online Sales Funnel
BRANDING AND SALES MANAGEMENT
- Building and Managing a Brand
- Market Positioning Strategies
- Developing Marketing Campaigns
- Sales Team Management Techniques: How To Build And Manage A High Performing Sales Team
- Understanding the Luxury Market
- Selling to Affluent Customers
- Luxury Branding Strategies
- Managing Luxury Sales Teams
Case Studies: Nike, Coca-Cola, Apple, Etc.
Introduction to Innovation
- What is Innovation and Why is it Important? Types of Innovation and their Significance
- Forms of Innovation and How they Work
- The Innovation Process: Idea Generation to Commercialization
Startup Innovation Cases
- Introduction to Startup Innovation Cases
- Case Study 1: Uber
- Case Study 2: Slack
- Case Study 3: Warby Parker
- Case Study 4: Dropbox
- Case Study 5: Airbnb
Business Model Innovation
- What is Business Model Innovation and Why is it Important?
- Different Business Model Types and their Advantages
- Designing a Business Model: Key Considerations
- Case Study: Amazon’s Business Model (written)
Disruptive Technologies and Emerging Trends
- What are Disruptive Technologies and Emerging Trends? Examples of Disruptive Technologies and Emerging Trends
- The Impact of Disruptive Technologies and Emerging Trends on Business
- Case Study: Tesla’s Disruptive Electric Cars
Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0
- What is Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0? The Benefits and Challenges of Digital Transformation
- Key Technologies Driving Industry 4.0
- Case Study: Adidas and Industry 4.0
Case Studies: Tesla’s Electric Cars, Airbnb’s Home-Sharing, Netflix’s Streaming Service, Etc.
INTRODUCTION TO GLOBALIZATION
- Understanding Globalization and its impact on businesses
- The history of globalization and its evolution over time
- The key drivers of globalization
- The advantages and disadvantages of globalization
GLOBAL MARKET ENTRY STRATEGIES
- International Trade Theories And Policies
- Entry Modes And Strategies In Foreign Markets
- How to successfully manage multiple businesses
- Franchise Foundations: A Step By Step Guide To Building A Franchise
MANAGING GLOBAL OPERATIONS
- Expanding Globally: How To Run International Brands And Businesses
- International Marketing And Branding
- The challenges and opportunities of managing global teams
- Virtual Collaboration and cross-cultural communication
CASE STUDIES (VIDEO CASE STUDIES)
- Walmart’s Global Expansion
- McDonald’s Localization In India
- Starbucks’ Entry Into China
- Nestle’s Global Strategy
- Unilever’s Global Marketing Campaign
Case Studies: Walmart’s Global Expansion, Mcdonald’s Localization In India, Starbucks’ Entry Into China, Etc.
- Get your MBA-CP in 6 months. Get certified by a regionally recognized and internationally accredited business school.
- You can start and complete our classes without quitting your job or spending too much time in boring classrooms.
- No boring lectures, no tedious textbooks, no hassles from lecturers… Our classes are delightful and interactive in a way that makes learning easier, faster, and fun!
- Our bite-sized business education classes help you digest core business principles without getting overwhelmed. Each lesson is simplified and delivered in 6 minutes or less.
- Participate in live lectures with faculty and engage in real-time discussions – virtually or on-site.
- Work on projects with teams and practice what you’re learning in your business.
- Access additional materials and study resources, including ebooks, videos, and audio books in order to deepen your knowledge.
- Access mentoring and business partnership opportunities with our faculty and corporate partners.
- Boost your network – Connect with other students around the world for study, networking and business purposes.
BENEFIT OF OUR HYBRID MBA PROGRAM
- On-site experience: Our program offers a balance of online and on-site learning, providing students with hands-on experience and exposure to real-world business environments.
- Focus on core: Our curriculum is focused on core business concepts, providing students with a solid foundation in essential business principles and practices.
- Networking: Our hybrid MBA program provides ample opportunities for networking, allowing students to connect with other professionals in their field and build valuable business relationships.
- Easy to go through: Our program is designed to be flexible and accommodating, with part-time and full-time options available to suit a variety of schedules and lifestyles.
- Accredited: Our hybrid MBA program is accredited by respected accrediting organizations, ensuring that our students receive a high-quality education that is recognized and valued by employers.
- Global perspective: Our program provides a global perspective on business, exposing students to a diverse range of cultures, ideas, and practices from around the world.
- Dedicated customer service: Our team is dedicated to providing excellent customer service to our students, offering 24/7 support and guidance throughout their educational journey.
- Effective Learning: The Fordax Business School offers interactive instruction that is designed to make learning easier and faster. Bite-sized, engaging lectures and practical applications of business concepts ensure that students get the most out of their education.
- Accelerated Program: The Fordax Business School’s MBA program is completed in just 6 months, allowing students to quickly acquire the skills they need to succeed in the business world.
- Hybrid Program: The Fordax Business School offers both virtual and on-campus learning options. This hybrid program ensures that students can study from anywhere in the world while also having access to on-campus events and resources.
- Student Collaboration: The Fordax Business School prioritizes collaboration, providing opportunities for real-time discussions with faculty and fellow students. Team projects are also an essential part of the program, allowing students to work together and develop critical teamwork skills.
- Project-Based Learning: The Fordax Business School’s project-based approach ensures that students apply their knowledge to real-world business scenarios. This hands-on learning approach enables students to develop practical skills that they can use in their future careers.
- On-Campus Events: The Fordax Business School provides on-campus events, including case studies, excursions, and networking opportunities. These events offer additional support for students and help them gain valuable industry insights.
- Student Resources: The Fordax Business School provides access to additional materials and study resources, including ebooks, videos, and audio books. Mentoring from top business minds is also available to students.
- Affordable Fees: The Fordax Business School offers a high-quality education at a reasonable cost. There is no sacrifice in quality for affordability, making it an excellent investment in the future. Students are also allowed to spread their payment in up to 6 months.